With a staggering number of people experiencing hair loss since the COVID-19 pandemic, hair growth has received a lot of attention.about 25% of people In the first months after being infected with COVID-19, I suffer from acute alopecia (telogen effluvium). Hair loss can occur even if you have never had COVID-19. This article discusses specific evidence-backed tips to help stimulate hair growth.
When it comes to hair growth, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. You may have to try different methods to find the one that works best for you.
A healthy scalp is just as important as proper scalp massage to promote hair growth.
When choosing hair care products, look for nutrient-packed ones proven to make hair stronger and grow faster.
Well-studied nutrients for hair growth include biotin, iron, zinc, vitamin D, protein, and omega-3s.
If telogen effluvium is the cause of your hair loss, try integrating stress reduction strategies.
Tips for better hair growth:
If you have alopecia in your family (called hereditary alopecia), the chances of your hair growing back are slim. Like shape, it plays an important role in determining how quickly your hair heals. Harvard Medical School SpecialistEven hereditary alopecia can be improved with proper treatment. There is no magic cure for instant hair growth. However, there are some steps you can take to encourage hair growth and prevent breakage.
1. Keep the scalp clean without over-washing
A healthy, balanced scalp is essential for strong, long hairas supported by scientific researchScalp condition can affect hair growth. The build-up of dirt and other products on the scalp can cause itching, shrink hair follicles, and eventually lead to thinning hair.
One way to maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth is to: keep cleanHow often you wash your hair depends on your hair type. If you have dry hair, be careful not to wash it too much as this can make hair fall worse. If your hair tends to be sticky, consider washing it 2-3 times a week.
2. Use the right hair care products
If you’ve already kept your scalp clean and aren’t seeing noticeable results, check the ingredients in your hair product. please. These chemicals can damage hair strands and increase the risk of breakage. Instead, Choose products that do not contain harmful chemicalsespecially those containing ingredients known to promote hair growth.
Ingredients that promote blood flow to the scalp:
Niacin (vitamin B3)
vitamin b complex
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Certain ingredients are very beneficial for specific purposes. For example, biotin (vitamin B7) helps produce keratin, a protein known to strengthen hair. Polyphenols found in caffeine and green tea block excess androgens (male hormones that cause female pattern baldness).
Other examples include zinc and grape seeds that fight oxidative stress — A process that causes excessive production of free radicals. Fatty acids and amino acids such as primrose and salmon oil also improve hair texture and prevent dry, brittle hair.
3. Massage the scalp well every day
A clean scalp is not only important for hair growth, Massaging your scalp daily has also been proven to promote hair growth..
We know that stress is the main cause of hair loss.But do you know why getting a scalp massage at a salon is so relaxing? Decrease in stress hormones such as cortisolAnd less stress means more hair growing!
Plus, studies show that massaging your scalp for a few minutes each day can speed up blood flow to the scalpIt also stimulates specialized cells just below the hair follicle. result? Thicker, fuller strands.
Another scientific study in 2019 revealed how a 20-minute scalp massage twice a day promoted hair growth. About 70% of people reported hair growth or improved hair growth in this study. Reduced loss after daily 20-minute scalp massage.
4. Use Proper Hair Brushing Techniques
show your hair with TLC Brush regularly and gently to prevent tangling and breakageDaily brushing helps to disperse the natural oils in the scalp and stimulate blood flow. A mini-massage that ultimately promotes hair growth.
surely Use a soft boar bristle wide comb or brushIt’s also best to start at the ends and work your way up to the roots to prevent unnecessary tugging that can stunt hair growth.
After cleansing, avoid brushing until hair is half dry. Instead, squeeze out excess water with a towel before brushing.
Another tip is to turn your head upside down and brush your hair to direct blood flow to your scalp. It’s helpful.
5. Choose the right hairstyle
Wearing an inappropriate hairstyle, such as a high, tight ponytail, can damage the health of your hair. So be sure to choose a style that suits your hair. Some hairstyles suitable for hair growth include:
low messy bread
Tie your hair into a low, loose ponytail with a silk scrunchie
Wrap the hair around the headband to protect the mane
6. Limit the Use of Heat Styling Tools
It’s imperative to pause the use of heat styling tools while you’re on your journey to boosting hair growth. If you need to use hot hair tools, It’s always best to turn the temperature down and use a heat protectant spray Don’t damage your hair any more.
7. Use Strategies to Reduce Stress
well known Relationship between stress and hair lossLong-term stress has a negative impact on hair growth. When you’re chronically stressed, your body releases stress hormones, especially cortisol. These hormones keep the hair in the telogen phase (telogen), causing massive hair loss.So adapting your tactics to manage or reduce stress can have huge benefits for your hair. Incorporate the following stress busters into your daily routine:
- To meditationSit and breathe for 5-10 minutes a day to help your mind relax, deal with stress, and smooth out the hair growth process.
- get enough sleepClose your eyes for 7 to 9 hours each night consistently while practicing healthy bedtime habits.
- exerciseDaily exercise is arguably one of the most effective stress relievers and hair growth stimulants. Most exercise physiologists recommend the inversion method to promote hair growth. There is no research to support the benefits of this technique for hair growth. When doing this exercise, massage your scalp first, then hang upside down to get all the blood flow to your head. This exercise is not for everyone, so always consult your doctor before trying it.
8. Increase your nutritional intake
The best way to increase your nutrient intake is to eat a “rainbow”. This means eating fruits and vegetables of different colors every day. Certain vitamins, minerals and fatty acids are essential in providing your hair with the nutrients it needs for hair growth.
The most important nutrients for hair growth are:
Vitamins C, D, and E
omega 3 and omega 6
9. Try Alternative Supplements for Hair Growth
If you are experiencing extensive hair loss, your body may not be getting enough nutrients from your diet. Studies show that taking the following nutrients in supplement form can help you achieve luscious, healthy hair.
- AshwagandhaA 2012 clinical trial found that high dose ashwagandha Effectively relieves stress and anxiety without serious side effects. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen and helps enhance your ability to deal with stress. This is the main trigger for hair loss.
- HorsetailExperts attribute horsetail’s benefits to its silicon content. Studies show that after 9 months of silicone supplementation, there is a significant increase in overall hair volume, thickness, and scalp coverage.
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 supplements. Ah 2015 survey Taking omega-3 and omega-6 supplements for six months was shown to improve hair growth in women with female pattern baldness.
- NutrafolOne such supplement that is gaining popularity in the derma world is Nutrafol. This supplement is a cocktail of botanicals and antioxidants, such as ashwagandha and horsetail, to help reduce stress, boost immunity, and maintain overall system stability.