Authorities have released an image of a “person of interest” believed to be connected to the incident.Nov. 11.
The fire completely gutted a storage yard full of pallets, construction materials and used vehicles, and razed the area beneath a very busy thoroughfare used by hundreds of thousands of people to and from downtown Los Angeles. , spread over an area of approximately 8 acres.
On Saturday, CalFire officials released two images showing an unidentified person being sought.
They described the suspect as a man in his 30s, approximately 6 feet tall and weighing between 170 and 190 pounds. he has black hair.
In the image, the man is seen wearing blue shorts, a black jacket, a black backpack and a green scarf. He also had a knee brace on his right leg.
Officials also said the subject “appeared to have sustained visible burns to his left leg.”
On Monday, California Governor Gavin Newsom and Mayor Karen Bass, along with other city officials, held a press conference to clarify that a fire was likely.
In the days following the fire that destroyed more than 100 freeway pillars and forced Caltrans and construction workers to pay around the clock,Officials are urging commuters to consider using public transport to avoid congestion altogether.
Despite construction being underway and predictions that the highway would not reopen until early December, investigators determined the deck was much stronger than previously thought. So we expect all lanes to look like this:As early as Tuesday.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, but at least 16 homeless people living in the camp were taken to shelters, Bass said.
The arson investigation is still ongoing and no arrests have been made. Anyone who recognizes the person in the image above is asked to call Cal Fire’s Arson Hotline at 1-800-468-4408.